Thursday 5 May 2011

Temples, Interviews, Sweets etc

I can type this up later, so I'm going to write an update on paper.  I'm in Shinagawa as I write.  It was really easy to find the english school, so now I've got some time to burn. I've no idea what sort of questions they will ask, but I'll just be myself and do my best.

Yesterday at Melissa's place was a lot of fun.  She introduced me to a really cool RPG forum that she plays on, a cool ps2 game and an excellent Japanese movie.  She also taught me how to knit properly. How about that, all in one day!  We went to a lovely shrine near her apartment, then ate some sweets and walked to the wee park.

A very kindly Japanese man who was working at the shrine took a picture for us and taught us how to properly offer a prayer.  On our little trip to the shops we also saw an amuzing make of knitting stuff...

Little prick...

I also took some pictures of the traditional japanese sweets I tried.  The first is Sakura Mochi-  its soft sweet sakura flavoured dumplings wrapped in a savoury salted sakura leaf.
This next one is called Dango.  I found it a bit too sweet for my liking.

It was really nice to be able to hang out again, and I'm really grateful to have some friends already.  Takeshi was at work, and at the moment it kind of feels like we are further apart with the jet lag, his work and then his guitar and band stuff.  I hope we can do some nice romantic things together, just us, soon.  I've been going around on the trains on my own a lot over the last week and a half, and I'm starting to get the hang of it I think.

Will be nice if I get this job, will give me some money and some things to do.  Tonight we are going to see Melody play.  I'm looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment