Tuesday 3 May 2011

Rainy Day



Pretty much a lazy day as I thought.  I tidied up a bit, and then played violin for a while.  I watched Zoolander, as it's impossible to be sad while watching it.  Today it rained really heavily.  The rain is so different from rain at home.  For a start it smells different.  Northern Ireland rain smells greener, and I guess you can tell you are in a big city when the rain just isn't as fresh.  All the same, the strength of it was amazing.

At about 5 pm I left the house to meet Takeshi in Seibu-Shinjuku after his work.  We were supposed to do something nice together but he wasn't feeling well so we went round some shops and got a few things.  I found a half decent sized mirror and a half decent sized towel lol.  Feeling quite a bit homesick but I think I'll feel better when I actually do some things.  Looking forward to tomorrow with Melissa.  Also Melody is playing in Shimokita-zawa on Thursday night, so I'll be able to go and see her.  That will be very interesting as I once wrote about 40,000 words of a novel about a girl who goes to Japan and lives in Shimokita-zawa.  She joins a band, and buys an enchanted violin that embroils her in a war between two tribes of ancient Japanese fae-creatures.  I abandoned the story, but it will be nice to see music being played there.

The video below this is just outside Seibu-Shijuku station tonight while I was waiting for Takeshi.  You can see the big video screens that Japan is pretty famous for in our own movies and media imagery.  


1 comment:

  1. I liked that story. It had gay french unicorns. ._. *mourns the unicorns*

    Sounds like a nice day though ^^

    ReplyDelete